Thursday, October 8, 2015

What Is Love?

They ask me what is it like to fall in love.

I say it's happiness. Finding that someone who you can always share your day with fills that loneliness you'd never admit of. Making memories with that someone which you hold dearly onto and it constantly brings out that silly grin you have plastered on your face on random days.

It's heart wrenching. Speaking too soon and breaking hearts in the heat of the moment; tears fall like it has been holding on for too long at the corner of your eyes. These are the moments where it will make the relationship stronger or break you.

Last but not least, it is home. Falling into that protective arms which will always make you feel like home. That sigh of relief whenever they embrace you and brings your feet back onto Earth. They are that home where you dock all your feelings, memories, beliefs, joy, tears and gratefulness.

Though love has ended for me, I am grateful for everything it has taught me. I learnt to love someone with all my heart, I learnt to treasure time, I learnt to appreciate you, I learnt to love your family(other than my own), I learnt patience and I learnt trust.

Thank you for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment